I fangirl easily and lots. Pretty geeky. Prone to scholarly capslock rants about my fandoms.
This belongs on every blog.
I want this reblogged, retweeted and absolutely refuckingeverythinged everywhere
the six words that can lead to the downfall of the BBC
- Goyer: And she KNOWS that he's Superman, because jeez, guys, she's a fucking reporter, she'd have figured that out--
- Nolan: Thank you! That always bothered me. So we have Lane as the audience viewpoint character rather than a useless love interest, establish an interesting and dynamic relationship between her and Kal-El at the heart of the movie illustrated by her journey to finding out his story--
- Goyer: Can she wear suits? I feel like she should wear suits.
- Studio: Excuse me I don't hear any explosions or male supremacy going on over there.
- Nolan: We totally exploded some shit in that sequence on the Krypton spaceship--
- Studio: And who was the hero of the scene?
- Goyer: Lois Lane, because she's our narrative constant for the--
- Studio: It's called Man of Steel. Explosions, gentlemen. Also I need three buttons fewer on that Lane shirt and a chick trapped under rocks.
- Nolan: We actually had this whole cool flashback thing going for the origin, do you think we could keep with--
- Studio: EXPLOSIONS. MEN.
- Nolan/Goyer: -_-
- Screenplay: entire second half of movie is men shoving each other through buildings that are on fire
Also it recommends the movie to anyone who wants “to break into Fran Kranz’s house and wear his face like a hat” and I mean, really guys, let’s be honest here.